- If applicable, contact the FAU Communications Network representative for your area to discuss the project.
- Initial steps for units include:
- Collect approvals from those in your area who will need to sign off at any stage of the project.
- Locate possible images from the and finalize the text to be used. (NOTE: The design process will not begin until the final text has been reviewed and approved by requesting unit and submitted to the designer.) All materials should adhere to the .
- Determine the deadline. See project timelines for guidelines of how long a project might take to complete.
- Complete the .
- A designer will be assigned the project and, if necessary, you will be contacted to discuss the project. A creative brief will be prepared for your review and signature.
- The designer will create the material based on your objectives. Proofs will be provided in PDF files via email. (NOTE: Multiple design options are often not possible; the need for multiple designs will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- While units are reviewing proofs, Creative Services will obtain cost estimates and production schedules (if the project will be printed) from external vendors.
- Creative Services will choose the best vendor for each project and handling the proofing and entire print process.
- The Creative Services designer will make a maximum of two rounds of editorial changes. After two rounds, the project will receive lower priority and might be delayed.
- Final Approval and Printing
- Upon final approval of the design, you will need to obtain a purchase order number through the Purchasing Department process in Workday.
- You will be asked to include the PO number on a Print Authorization Form (PAF), which contains all specifications of the project (including cost and delivery information) and return to the signed PAF to the designer.
- Projects are not sent to the print vendor until a PO is secured and the signed PAF is returned to Creative Services.
- Billing Process
- All vendor invoices will be sent to the contact listed on the Creative Services ticket request. FAU units are responsible to completing the payment process after receiving printed materials.