FAU Transient Student Process
FAU Transient Students are à£à£Ö±²¥Ðã that are seeking a degree at FAU and would like to take courses at another Florida public institution on a temporary basis. Upon matriculation at FAU, undergraduate à£à£Ö±²¥Ðã are expected to take courses required for the degree in residence at FAU. Students may take courses elsewhere if certain conditions are met. To take courses elsewhere, à£à£Ö±²¥Ðã must obtain advisor approval in advance and follow the transient process.
Requirements & Policies
- Students must complete PART 1 and PART 2 (FloridaShines) of the Transient Process.
Students must await final approval before registering for the course(s).
- Although à£à£Ö±²¥Ðã may receive approval in PART 1, they may not receive approval in PART 2 if the course(s) are not in line with degree requirements and advisor recommendations
- Courses taken without approval may not be accepted by FAU to meet University or major requirements
- Courses taken at a two-year college will not count towards the nine-hour summer enrollment requirement.
- It is the studentâ€™s responsibility to request an official transcript be sent from the Transient Institution to FAUâ€™s Registrar Office after completion of the course
Â We receive a high volume of emails daily and it can take some time to receive a response. It is likely that you can find the answer to your question on our FAQs page! Please be sure to look over the answers to the Frequently Asked Questions before contacting us.