Open Computer Labs
As a user, you are expected to abide by basic rules of civility, respect and courtesy while using our facilities. To ensure a pleasant and productive environment for study and research for all users, the following guidelines have been established.
- Lab access is only for the FAU community (à£à£Ö±²¥Ðã, faculty, and staff)
- Users cannot install any software in the PCs. Any stored documents on a PC not belonging to FAU will be deleted.
- Lab assistants can help you troubleshoot minor problems, for example: logging on systems, ensuring software is working properly, assisting with printing, and establishing FAU e-mail accounts.
- Lab assistants are not subject-matter experts, and may not be able to help with the how-to of software applications. For further assistance please contact your professor, graduate assistants or a tutor.
- NO food, drinks, smoking, cell phone use, or children allowed in the computer labs.
- Patrons will refrain from actions that are not conducive to an academic environment.
Please, be aware that loud, abusive language, or noncompliance with lab rules will be considered grounds for revoking your lab privileges. Lab assistants have the authority to remove a person from the facility. In extreme cases, noncompliance of rules may also result in referral to the Dean of Student Affairs or the University Police. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse.
For more information about any of these Open Computer Labs, please contact: